The Center for Disabilities Studies will hold the following five trainings throughout the year. HDWD staff are also happy to bring the training to you! For upcoming training dates, or to schedule a training at your organization, please contact Bhavana Viswanathan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 302-831-8374.
View the 2016 Training Calendar.
- Disabilities 101: Strategies for Being Welcoming and Accommodating
- Maximizing Access: Smart Choices in Equipment and Facility Design
- Ensuring Effective Communication to Meet ADA Guidelines
- Mammography Training
- Overcoming Obstacles to Oral Health
- Inclusive Health Promotion
We provide technical assistance in a number of different forms to promote accessibility and inclusion. Assessments can be done by request and we have a number of resources for self-assessment.
HDWD has a number of topical fact sheets that encompass a wide range of important health-related issues. Extensive plans to achieve Health Equity for Delawareans with Disabilities, as well as a publication regarding the Current Landscape for Disability and Health in Delaware.